DCUO Death of Superman Caption Contest
NO FEE OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THIS PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE LAWS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Participation constitutes Contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules.
1. Contest Description: The Daybreak Game Company LLC (“Daybreak”) DCUO Death of Superman Contest (“Contest”) asks you to submit your best caption for each of three (3) DCUO “Death of Superman” screenshots (“Submission”) to celebrate in DC Universe Online’s new major event, “Death of Superman.” The Contest begins at 12:00PM PT on May 16, 2018 and ends as of 12:00PM PT on June 13, 2018 ("Contest Period"). Contest is sponsored by Daybreak Game Company LLC, 15051 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128 ("Sponsor"). Submissions entered via the Votigo application are administered in part by Votigo, Inc. (“Votigo”). A Submission submitted before or after the Contest Period, and/or the applicable screenshot time frame outlined in Section 3, below, will not be judged. Winner(s) will be notified on or about June 22, 2018. Promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Any information that you provide is being collected by Votigo or Daybreak and will not be provided to Facebook. Votigo may provide your information to Sponsor for winner selection and prize fulfillment purposes, and if you opt-in to receive Daybreak news and updates, for marketing purposes.
2. Eligibility: The contest is open to natural persons eighteen (18) and over at the time of entry who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions) (“Contestant”). Employees, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor, Votigo, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Only the individual person who submits a Contest entry may win. If you are a minor you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian before you submit an entry, and Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to these Official Rules as a prerequisite for eligibility. Contest is subject to all federal, state, local and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute as to authorship, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant. By entering the Contest, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
3. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, from Sponsor’s official @DCUO Twitter account, Sponsor will tweet three (3) different screenshots of DCUO’s Death of Superman content during the time frames listed below. Contestants are invited to submit one (1) caption for each screenshot tweeted by Sponsor (“Submission”). Contestants must submit their Submission during the time period specified for each screenshot; Submissions received either before or after the applicable time period will not count as a Submission.
· Screenshot #1: 12PM PT May 16, 2018 – 12PM PT May 23, 2018;
· Screenshot #2: 12PM PT May 23, 2018 – 12PM PT May 30 , 2018;
· Screenshot #3: 12PM PT June 6, 2018 – 12PM PT June 13, 2018.
You may enter Contest Submissions here (https://goo.gl/HRTp49) or via Twitter. To submit via Twitter, you must follow @DCUO and reply to its tweet of the applicable screenshot; your reply must include @DCUO and the hashtag #DCUODoSContest (please note that a retweet does not qualify as a Submission).
Each Contestant may enter only one (1) Submission per screenshot, for an overall total of three (3) Submissions per Contestant.
4. Submission Requirements: Each Submission must be original to you and must not contain materials that are the intellectual property of any person or entity other than the Sponsor.
The Submission’s content must comply with Daybreak’s Terms of Service and the EULA. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Submission that it determines, in its sole discretion, does not meet the criteria, does not reflect the Sponsor brand image, or is inappropriate.
6. Submission Conditions of Entry: Contest is limited to one (1) Submission per screenshot, for a total of three (3) Submissions per person. Subsequent Submissions will be void from official Contest entries, but may still be shared with the community. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person that submits multiple entries. Submissions posted on any game-related website forum or not submitted as specified above will not be accepted for entry. Any submission of robotic, automatic, or programmed entries, or any entries submitted by agencies, other third parties, or through other unapproved methods are void. Any attempt at entry except as stated herein is void. Sponsor will not provide you with confirmation of receipt of your Submission. Review the Judging Criteria for your Submission, stated below.
By participating in the Contest, you are granting Sponsor (and its licensors) an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, fully sublicensable right and license to publish, use, modify, make derivative works from, reproduce, exhibit, perform, edit, distribute, transmit, display, and otherwise exploit any or all of the content in your Submission (including your likeness, voice, and performance) and your name/handle, without prior or further approval from you, without territorial, time, or other limitations, for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes and in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised. You hereby waive any so-called “moral rights” in or to the Submission. You further agree that Daybreak shall remain the exclusive owner of all game content and intellectual property rights in its games, including all such content that may appear in your Submission.
7. Judging Criteria: “Judging Criteria” is as follows:
· Quality of Submission in its Representation of the DCUO Community (20%)
· Originality & Creativity (30%)
· Death of Superman Theme (50%)
8. Winner Selection: Sponsor will select two (2) winners per screenshot, for an overall total of six (6) winners. Winners will be selected based on the judging criteria referenced herein, from eligible entries submitted during the Contest Period. To be considered, your Submission must be sent to Sponsor as set forth in Section 3 of these Official Rules, no later than the time and date set forth. The Contest is limited to one (1) Submission per screenshot, per person. Sponsor’s determination of the six (6) winners shall be final and binding in all respects. In the unlikely event of a tie, Sponsor shall break the tie by determining which of the tied Submissions better represents the theme of the Contest. Duplicate entries (more than the specified number of allowed entries per participant), and entries submitted by agencies, other third parties, or through other unapproved methods are void. Any attempt at entry except as stated herein is void. Sponsor will not provide you with confirmation of receipt of your entry.
By participating in the Contest, you agree to comply with the rules set forth in the Contest and these Official Rules. Participants who do not comply with these requirements will be disqualified.
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, winners will be chosen by or before June 22, 2018.
9. Description of Prizes:
· The prize for each of the six (6) individual winners is a ten (10) pack of Action Comics #1000 variants.
· The approximate retail value for each individual prize is US$80.00.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes is US$480.00
Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. If a winner is unable to comply with the terms contained herein, or is determined ineligible by Sponsor, an alternate winner will be selected. Winners will be displayed (subject to Sponsor guidelines, standards, and practices, and in a manner and location determined by Sponsor in its discretion) on certain Daybreak-related websites as decided by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
10. General Limitations for all Prizes: No alternative prize, cash, or other substitution is permitted, except by Sponsor, in the event of prize unavailability. Prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Based upon the criteria listed above, up to one (1) prize will be awarded for each winner. The potential winner(s) will be notified electronically on or about one (1) day after the conclusion of the judging and will have one (1) day from notification to accept the prize by email or by U.S. mail to the address specified in the notification. Prizes will be delivered within approximately one (1) month of verification/confirmation of winner.
11. Requirements of Winner: By agreeing to become a winner and/or accepting or using a prize, the selected Contestant: (i) is required to sign and return an affidavits of release, release of liability, declaration of eligibility, an IRS W-9 form and/or where lawful, publicity consent agreements, within five (5) days of acknowledged notification; and (ii) agrees to the use of his or her name, voice and/or likeness, and submitted content, for the purpose of advertising, trade, marketing, or promotion by Sponsor without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible (under these rules or due to a failure to comply with any of the other applicable policies, licenses, rules, and terms of service), or fails to timely return the completed and executed releases/agreements as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be selected.
12. General Terms and Conditions: By participating in the Contest, Contestant agrees that under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, successors, and assigns (the “Released Parties”) be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out participation in the Contest, including without limitation anything associated with the prizes, even if any or all of the Released Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, and therefore such exclusions may not apply to you. By participating in the Contest, Contestant waives any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to his/her participation in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based. By entering, each Contestant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person, entry, or e-mail address that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, prize providers, and the respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of each, are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible or postage-due entries, notices, releases, forms, affidavits, or other correspondence; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, interruptions or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result from participation in the Contest or arising from the Contestant’s access to and use of any Daybreak internet site (or social media page run by Sponsor), including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, to the extent permitted by law; or (vi) any errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any problem corrupts the administration, security, or operation of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Disputes: The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California. As a condition of participating in the Contest, Contestant agrees that any and all actions or proceedings related to the Contest shall be exclusively brought in the County of San Diego, State of California (if under state law) or the Southern District of California (if under Federal law), and the parties agree not to raise in connection therewith, and hereby waive, any defenses based upon the venue, the inconvenience of the forum, the lack of personal jurisdiction, the sufficiency of service of process or the like in any such action or suit brought in the State of California.
14. Winner List and Official Rules: A winner’s list will be posted on the web site at www.daybreakgames.com or an underlying page thereto, at the conclusion of the Contest. To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Attn: Marketing Department “DCUO Death of Superman Contest”, Daybreak Game Company LLC, 15051 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128. Requests must be received no later than August 31, 2018.
Daybreak and the Daybreak logo are registered trademarks of Daybreak Game Company LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
DC UNIVERSE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.